2.1 In this Policy:
- (a) Urban IT refers to Urban IT Pty Ltd (ACN 161 753 608) trading as Urban IT (ABN 16 161 753 608) of 6/4 Integration Court, Truganina, Victoria, 3029;
- (b) Services refers to goods and services offered and provided by Urban IT, including but not limited IT support and maintenance, remote access support, customisation of computer systems, VOIP phone system setup and support, installation of hardware and software and related activities;
- (c) Personal Information is defined as “any information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion”. Such information may include your name, phone, mail, email and other information you choose to provide or required for the purposes of dealing with Urban IT as a student, parent or guardian of a student, customer, potential customer, supplier, job applicant, stakeholder, contractor or in some other capacity which may identify you but expressly excludes photographs; and
- (d) Website refers to Urban IT’s website, https://urbanit.com.au.
3. How will Personal Information be collected
3.1 Urban IT may collect Personal Information directly from you, including your name, address, contact number and email when you:
- (a) contact us by phone, mail, email or visit our Website;
- (b) make an enquiry about the Services; and/or
- (c) use the Services.
3.2 Your Personal Information may also be collected by Urban IT from publicly available sources or third parties.
3.3 Should you provide Urban IT with Personal Information about another person (other than a minor), you must obtain their consent and let them know about this policy, prior to giving their information.
4. How your Personal Information may be used
4.1 Urban IT’s use of Personal Information will be limited to:
- (a) responding to enquiries from you;
- (b) the supply of the Services as requested by you;
- (c) notifying you of additional features or services which may be of interest to you, unless you advise that you do not wish to receive such further marketing (refer to opt out option below);
- (d) meeting Urban IT’s legal obligations;
- (e) managing and resolving any complaints and issues;
- (f) carrying out internal administrative functions;
- (g) market research; and
- (h) other purposes with your consent, whether written, verbal or implied.
4.2 Urban IT will not use or authorise the use of your Personal Information for any purpose other than as set out above or for any other purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your Personal Information.
4.3 If your phone number is registered on the “Do Not Call Register” (or similar), by providing Urban IT with your phone number, you consent to receiving phone calls from Urban IT and acknowledge and agree that such calls will not constitute unsolicited telemarketing calls.
4.4 Your Personal Information will not be shared, sold or disclosed for any other purpose.
5. Opt out
5.1 At any time you may opt out of receiving any direct marketing or communications from Urban IT or third party organisations by notifying Urban IT in writing by email at [insert] or 6/4 Integration Court, Truganina, Victoria, 3029.
6. Overseas transfer
7.1 Your personal information may be transferred to recipients located in Philippines. Philippines does not have data protection laws as comprehensive as Australia’s, and we will accordingly take reasonable steps to secure a contractual commitment from the recipient to handle your information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
7. Disclosure of your Personal Information
7.1 Urban IT will only disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- (a) to your representative with your consent, which may be given in writing, verbal or implied from your conduct or as nominated by you as your executor, trustee or legal representative. Urban IT will take reasonable steps to ensure that your representative undertakes to protect your privacy;
- (b) to the Taxation Office or any other agency for the purpose of providing the Services; and/or
- (c) to Urban IT’s accountants and legal advisors, information technology service provider, payment systems operator, financial institution, law enforcement agency or other statutory authority as is necessary.
7.2 You consent to the release of your Personal Information to such third parties for the stated purpose. Once your Personal Information has been disclosed to any of the above third parties, the use, storage, and disclosure by them of your Personal Information will be governed by such third parties’ respective privacy policies and terms of engagement.
7.3 Our employees and service providers will also be granted access to our system which may result in them having access to your Personal Information. They are bound by an agreement to maintain the confidentiality of all information to which they are granted access.
7.4 We may disclose Personal Information if we believe in good faith that the law requires its disclosure, including for mandatory reporting purposes or pursuant to subpoena or court order.
8. Protection of your Personal Information
8.1 Personal Information collected by Urban IT will be stored by Urban IT in hardcopy and/or electronic form. Urban IT takes reasonable measures to keep all Personal Information secure and protected from interference, misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and will be restricted to persons properly authorised.
8.2 If Urban IT determines that your Personal Information is no longer needed for the particular purpose it was collected, Urban IT will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that Personal Information.
9. Access to your Personal Information
9.1 You may request access to your Personal Information held by Urban IT by writing to Urban IT at the address stated in this Policy. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
9.2 Access to Personal Information may be refused:
- (a) If it may impact the privacy of others;
- (b) for legal reasons;
- (c) it is prejudicial to an enforcement body;
- (d) it may reveal commercially sensitive information;
- (e) it may pose a risk to the life or safety of an individual; or
- (f) if the request is frivolous or vexatious.
9.3 If you believe that your Personal Information held by Urban IT is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate or irrelevant, please contact Urban IT by email email@example.com or by 6/4 Integration Court, Truganina, Victoria, 3029.
10.1 Whilst the Website of Urban IT operates in a secure environment and is professionally hosted, when using the Website you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although Urban IT strives to protect your Personal Information, Urban IT does not warrant the security of any information transmitted to it over the Internet. Any information transmitted to Urban IT over the Internet is done so at the risk of the person or organisation transmitting the information.
10.2 Our web server gathers your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our website and services.
10.3 Cookies allow us to increase your security by storing your session ID, and are a way of monitoring single user access. This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the website. Cookies can be accepted or declined at your preference.
10.4 Urban IT is not responsible for the contents or practices of any links to third party websites which are provided on its Website and does not endorse such websites.
10.5 Refer to Urban IT’s separate Terms of Conditions regarding the terms and conditions for accessing the Website and can be found at https://urbanit.com.au/terms-conditions/.
11. Complaints or further information required
11.1 Any questions about this Policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Urban IT, should be made in writing to Urban IT:
6/4 Integration Court
Truganina VIC 3029
Tel: 1300 653 943
We will respond to any query within 30 days.
11.2 Any breach of this Policy will be investigated and appropriate action will be taken to prevent any further breach.
11.3 Further information on privacy legal requirements can be obtained from the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or phone 1300 363 992.
This Policy is current as at 6 May 2020.
With almost 2 decades of experience in the Information Technology industry, Urban IT provides a unique blend of expertise and customer service, specialising in Dental, Business and Medical IT solutions right throughout Australia.
Mon - Fri : 8am - 6pm
Weekends : By Appointment
After Hours : By Appointment